Business Development Manager | Full-time
Seventh Point, located in Virginia Beach, VA, is hiring for a full-time Business Development Manager to develop new business for the firm. The Business Development Manager will call on and visit both existing and new potential corporate accounts. The successful candidate will have a successful proven track record in corporate sales. This position will develop a portfolio of prospects who have the potential to partner with an ad agency and develop long-term relationships. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, entrepreneurial in their approach to setting appointments, experienced in developing and closing business.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and possess at least three years of corporate sales experience. Experience in marketing, an agency setting or media preferred.
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospective clients.
- Identify and cultivate relationships.
- Complete at least 12 client prospect visits per month.
- Create contact reports for each client visit and record them into database system.
- Implement on-going personal/written/phone contact with prospective client.
- Conceptually develop direct mail messaging and collateral materials in accordance with agency’s needs.
- Provide organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign deliverables.
- Consult with the Agency Owner and VP of Business Development to strategize client development, next steps and goals.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and other required meetings as scheduled.
- Travel required and some evening hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years corporate sales experience.
- Experience in the marketing arena preferred.
- Strong organizational, administration, interpersonal communication skills, detail and “big picture” oriented.
- Skill in preparing written reports and proposals.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and be approved by insurance carrier to drive personal vehicle.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule and location.
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Vice President of Account Services
About Seventh Point
Seventh Point opened its doors in 1985 as a full-service advertising agency serving local Hampton Roads clients. Within our first couple years, we were fortunate to handle a couple national and regional clients. As a young agency we were pushed to hone our media capabilities and our video production expertise to keen standards far beyond what is normally expected of a local agency. That expertise and those standards in media and production remain our obsession to this day.